The Kentia Palm is a plant lover’s favourite! It has the most wonderful fresh, green leaves that fan out from tall upward growing stems. If you love the tropical look but are afraid that your plant won't survive in colder conditions, this is the low maintenance plant for you!
Howea forsterianas are easy to care for and require minimal attention. They are some of the best air purifying plants out there. Even the royal family has approved these beauties!
Small: Growing pot size is 21cm. Overall plant height including growing pot: 85-95cm
Medium: Growing pot size is 24cm. Overall plant height including growing pot: 100-110cm
Large: Growing pot size is 27cm. Overall plant height including growing pot: 110-115cm
Key Benefits — Purifying and Calming.
According to NASA, plants can filter up to 90 per cent of toxins from the air, relieving respiratory and allergies complaints.
They can also help reduce blood pressure levels, heart rate and stress.
Plant Care Tips: Kentia Palm
- Your Kentia Palm will appreciate plenty of bright light but minimal direct sunshine. It will also tolerate lower light conditions.
- Water your Palm once the top of the soil has dried out. Mist it regularly in order to maintain the vibrant colour of its leaves and to keep it looking fresh.
- Average household temperatures are more than adequate.
- During the growing season, feed it with a nutrient-rich liquid fertiliser once a month.
- Use a clean cloth to remove accumulated dust from its leaves.
The Kentia Palm Story
Where is it from?
Native to the islands of the South Pacific.
Who is the Kentia Palm?
The Kentia Palm gained popularity in Europe during the Victorian era when exotic plants were eagerly collected.
It is said that Queen Victoria cultivated it in all of her homes and left instructions for Kentia Palms to be placed around her coffin.
The association with royalty made these desired palms sometimes pricey but prestigious to their owners.
Good For You!
- Vitality: Green is associated with vitality. Researches have shown that hospital patients can recover quicker in rooms filled with plants. For these reasons, many hospital wards not only have plants but are also painted green!
- Concentration: Researches have shown that houseplants with stimulating colours can improve concentration, productivity and boost memory!
Is The Kentia Palm The Right Plant For Me?
The Kentia Palm is a super tolerant plant that adds ornamental value to your home decor.
Give it the correct care and once it is established, it will not require extra attention. Perfect for gardeners of all levels!
Pets: Pet friendly
How tall does it grow? It can grow up to 10 feet tall
*Decorative pots sold separately
Who said you couldn’t bring royalty to your home? Get your Kentia palm today!