This plant will add a simple and elegant look to any room!
In the wild they grow on the side of other trees and when they're large enough, they begin to wrap around the tree until they eventually suffocate it. Then they bury their roots into the ground and begin to tower over the original tree. Luckily, indoors these plants aren't able to take over as aggressively as in the wild, so you're safe!
Save on the Clusia Princess and Jimmy Pot combination HERE !
Key Benefits of the Clusia Princess
Calm and vitality
Studies have shown that being in nature and around top-heavy green plants triggers an evolutionary response in our brains that increases the feelings of calm, relaxation, protection and vitality.
Clusia Princess Plant Care Tips
- These plants require little fuss. As tropical plants, they like bright, indirect light and aren't a fan of the cold.
- They like humidity, so they are perfect for bathrooms and kitchens. To increase air moisture, place the plant on a tray with pebbles and water and mist it often.
- You only need to water once the topsoil has dried out in the summer, less during the winter months.
- During the growing season, feed it with a weak liquid fertiliser.
- If you notice your plant growing too wild, you can trim it back about once a year and repot it once the roots have become too large for its pot.
The Clusia Princess Story
The Clusia Princess is also known as the Pitch Apple, Copey and Balsam Apple.
It has also been nicknamed the ‘Autograph Tree’ because names can be engraved on their thick leaves.
Where is it from?
The Autograph Tree is native to the Caribbean region.
Who is the Clusia Princess?
In its natural habitat, Clusia Princess can produce delicate and long-lasting funnel-shaped creamy and pink flowers, however, this is rare as a houseplant.
Good For You!
Reset: Modern life is busy and noisy. We are constantly ‘online’ and our brains are supercharged with digital imagery. It’s important for our well-being to take a step back and recharge our batteries. Being around nature, large plants and trees is a great way to rebalance ourselves.
Reflect: Nature attracts our attention without taking effort from us. It helps us disconnect from the problems of our busy lives and reflect on our priorities.
Is The Clusia Princess The Right Plant For Me?
Clusia Princess is overall easy to care for plant; however, without sufficient pruning and attention, it can reach imposing sizes and become too large for containers needing to be replanted outdoors.
How tall does it grow? Outdoors it can reach up to 6 metres tall, indoors, with the correct attention, a more compact size can be managed.