Dracaena deremensis 'Warneckii'
The Dracaena deremensis Warneckei has gorgeous ridged stems which give way to shaggy heads of elegant foliage. The leaves of this plant are set close together, branching off from a central stalk, which makes them look nice and full.
As your Drac grows they have a tendency to lean over from the weight of the leaves, which adds to their wise, mythical appearance.
The striped dracaena has a very distinctive blade-like foliage with bright green leaves and white stripes.
Key Benefits — Safety and Purifying
According to evolutionary psychologists, plants with narrow trunks and large, overhanging canopies are thought to inspire feelings of safety, because they recall our ancestral home on the Savannah.
Additionally, Dragon Trees have been identified by NASA as some of the best plants to purify the air. So, as well as making your home environment better looking, it should make your environment better for you!
Growing pot size: 17cm
Overall plant height including growing pot: 50-60cm
How to care for Dragon Tree Warneckii.
- When plants get to their mature size, they're fairly easy to maintain. To keep your Dracaena in good condition, give it a good amount of indirect light and wait until the top of the soil is dry between waterings.
- Dragon Trees prefer moderate to bright indirect sunlight. They also grow well in offices with fluorescent lighting.
- Let the top few inches of the soil dry out between waterings. Be careful not to waterlog it or its leaves may darken up.
- Mist the leaves regularly to maintain humidity. Placing the plant pot on a tray with pebbles and water can also help.
- Allow the water to drain thoroughly, a rich, well-drained soil is ideal.
- Warmer temperatures are preferred, ideally between 16ºC and 24ºC.
- During the growing season, feed it with a weak liquid fertiliser.
- Wipe the leaves with a clean damp cloth
- Repot it once it starts to get root bound, usually between 2 to 3 weeks.
The Dragon Tree Warneckii Story
Legend says that it was named 'Dragon Tree’ because when the bark or the foliage are cut, a red coloured resin is expelled. This was believed to be the dried blood of dragons and it had healing properties.
Where is it from?
Good For You!
We can’t promise healing Dragon blood but we do think this plant is pretty special. It helps improve the air quality in your home, a great company for those with respiratory problems and skin sensitivity!
Is The Dragon Tree Warneckii The Right Plant For Me?
Dragon Trees are easy to care for and tolerant to droughts and underwatering. We think you can’t go wrong with one of them, even if you are a new plant parent!
Toxicity: It is not considered poisonous to humans (unless ingested!) but the sap is toxic to animals.
How tall does it get? It’s a slow grower, it can reach up to 1.5 to 2 meters tall.
*Decorative pots sold separately
A great way to start a plant collection, get your Dragon Tree Warneckii now!