Lucky Bamboo 'Victory'
Dracaena sanderiana 'Victory'
The gorgeous Dracaena sanderiana 'Victory' boasts vibrant, lance-shaped leaves and stripy plaited stems. Its wonderful bright green colour is cut through with contrasting creamy-yellow stripes that really bring this plants personality to life.
Growing pot size: 12cm
Overall plant height including growing pot: 35cm
Key Benefits — Purifying and Easy-going
Like other Lucky Bamboos, ‘Victory’ is a very tolerant plant and it doesn't need constant attention. It is also one of NASA's favourite air purifiers!
How to care for Lucky Bamboo ‘Victory’
- Like most plants, it likes bright indirect light. Too much sunlight can cause the leaves to burn and low light will affect their growth.
- Warmer environments are preferred but the plant will also thrive in normal moderate home temperatures. Avoid draughts.
- Let the top few inches of soil dry out before watering it. Keep the soil moist but not wet. Use distilled or collected rainwater, if you use tap water, leave it overnight in an open container so the chlorine can evaporate.
- If your home air is on the dry side, mist the plant every couple of days.
- Feed it with a diluted water-soluble fertiliser once a month.
The Lucky Bamboo ‘Victory’ Story
The Dracaena sanderina’s resembles the stalks of a bamboo plant but it is actually more closely related to succulents!
They are called ‘lucky’ because they are believed to bring good fortune. The more stalks it has, the more wealth and prosperity you will receive.
Where is it from?
Native to Central Africa.
Symbolism and Feng Shui
According to the Feng Shui philosophy, the Lucky bamboo is related to the five elements; earth, wood, water, fire and metal.
The hollow bamboo is believed to conduct ‘Chi’ energy, allowing wisdom and prosperity to flow through.
The placement of the Lucky bamboo in your home is also important if you follow the Chinese practice;
If you place it on the East side it will help attract health for your family members. If you place it in the South East, it will bring money and wealth.
Is The Lucky Bamboo Victory The Right Plant For Me?
Lucky Bamboos are easy to care for, the perfect plant for new and experienced gardeners alike!
They are, however, toxic to animals so, keep them away from your pets!
*Decorative pot sold separately.
Easy going and a super purifier, the Lucky Bamboo Victory is a must-have! Get yours now!