The Parlour Palm is one of the most popular plants on the market. They have been a favourite since Victorian times, hence the common name. The parlour was considered the finest room in the house, reserved only to host the most important guests. Having one of these plants in your parlour was a way of proving your wealth and position in society.
These elegant bright green plants have pinnate leaves, meaning they feather out from multiple arching, slim stems.
Available in 3 sizes:
Growing pot size: 12cm
Overall plant height including growing pot: 10-15cm
Growing pot size: 17cm
Overall plant height including growing pot: 40-50cm
*Save on the Medium Parlour Palm and Jimmy Pot combination HERE!
Growing pot size: 24cm
Overall plant height including growing pot: 70-80cm
Key Benefits — Purifying and Moisturising.
The Parlour Palm is great at filtering airborne toxins and transforming them into oxygen, it is actually one of NASA’s top plants to clean the air!
It can also help hydrate your skin! According to studies, as plants transpire, they increase air moisture helping relieve skin sensitivities and dryness!
Plant Care Tips: Parlour Palm
- Place it in a bright area with filtered sunlight away from windows to avoid cold.
- Let the soil dry out between waterings. Do not overwater as these plants can be sensitive to root rot.
- They come from a humid environment. You can recreate this at home by misting them regularly!
- They are light feeders and will only need fertilising once or twice during the growing season. Do not feed it in the colder months.
- Repotting may only be needed once every couple of years but be careful as the plant has a weak root system.
The Parlour Palm Story
Where is it from?
Native to Mexico and Guatemala
Who is the Parlour Palm
- The fronds are popular in flower arrangements, decorations, and wreaths because they can survive for up to 40 days after being cut from the plant.
- A slow grower, it can take years to reach full height.
Good For You!
- Happiness: Studies have shown that spending time in natural settings and cultivated gardens improves mood and reduce the negative effects of stress.
- Productivity: Having plants in work and study spaces has also been proven to increase people's attention and productivity!
Is The Parlour Palm The Right Plant For Me?
These plants are easy to look after, they can adapt to relatively low light and lower temperatures. An amazing option for both green-fingered folk and those just starting out on their plant journeys.
Pets: Pet friendly
How tall does it grow? 2 to 6 feet indoors; 6 to 16 feet outdoors.
*Decorative pots sold separately
Beautiful, easy to care for and good value, start your green oasis today with a Parlour Palm!