Calathea 'Maui Queen'
A beautiful tropical plant, the Calathea will lift the look of any room with its spectacular foliage!
The 'Maui Queen' variety has a white feathery pattern in the middle of the leaves and a deep purple underside. Watch its leaves open and close at dawn and dusk.
Growing pot size: 17 cm
Overall plant height including growing pot: 70-80 cm
Key Benefits — Purifying and Productivity
The Calathea Maui Queen it's a mighty air purifier so it'll clean up any nasties from your room. If you suffer from respiratory issues, it’s a great plant to have in the bedroom!
It’s no news that being around plants helps us relax. Surrounding ourselves with unusual patterned plants like Calatheas grab our attention and improve focus and productivity.
Plant Care Tips: Calathea Maui
- Calatheas are tropical plants so they will require an environment that mimics their natural habitat.
- The ideal temperature is between 15ºC and 23ºC
- Give plenty of water to keep the soil moist but be careful to not overwater it.
- They love bright light but direct sunlight may scorch their leaves, so keep it in a shaded area.
- Humidity is also important, if the air in your home is a bit dry, make sure you mist the plant often. Another way of keeping the plant moist is to place it on a tray with small rocks and water.
- During the growing season, feed it with a liquid fertiliser once a month.
The Calathea Maui Story
Where is it from?
Typically from the rainforests of Brazil.
Who is the Calathea Maui?
Like other Calatheas, its leaves close up during the night, making the plant look like it’s praying, that’s why they received the nickname of ‘Prayer Plants’.
As soon as the sun rises, the leaves will spread out again to receive light.
Good For You!
- Calm: Fractal patterns help us improve our cognitive capacities, affecting us positively and keeping us calm.
- Sleep: Calatheas close their leaves at night, having a positive effect on how you prepare to sleep!
Is the Calathea Maui The Right Plant For Me?
Special care is required with most tropical plants as they will need to live in a space that mimics its warm and humid origins.
A rewarding challenge for new plant owners. Make sure you give the Calathea Maui its preferred conditions and it will thrive in your home for a long time!
Pets: All Calatheas are recognised as non-toxic.
A beautiful tropical plant to add to your collection. Get your Calathea Maui Queen today!