Clerodendrum Wallichii Prospero
Also known as Glorybower and Opportunity Tree, this charming plant has glossy evergreen leaves and flowers that look like tiny white butterflies.
Growing pot size: 12 cm
Overall plant height including growing pot: 25-35 cm
Key Benefits — Boost and Connect
Interacting with flowering plants can improve your mental health by making you feel fresher and energised. They also help boost your work capacity, concentration and improve creativity.
We trust that being around plants raises our nurturing intuition, improving the way we care for ourselves and the people around us.
Plant Care Tips: Clerodendrum Prospero
- Position the Cherodendrum Prosperos in a bright room away from direct sunlight.
- This plant appreciates warmer temperatures, ideally between 18ºC and 22ºC, it will struggle in colder weather.
- Glorybowes like to be hydrated! Water it twice a week. Keep the soil moist but not waterlogged and mist the leaves occasionally.
- Fertilise it once a month.
- Keep away from fruits, cigarette smoke or exhaust fumes to protect from drying out.
- Remove dead flowers to give room for new ones to grow.
- If you want to keep its shape, a light prune will help!
The Clerodendrum Prospero Story
Danish botanist Nathaniël Wallic identified the Prospero in India in the early 1800s. Wallic was fascinated by exotic plants and had many named after himself.
Other types of Clerodendrums had been discovered prior to this date. The name comes from the Greek ‘kleros’ meaning ‘chance’ and ‘dendron’ meaning ‘tree’.
Where is it from?
Originally from China, India, Myanmar and Vietnam
Who is the Clerodedrum Prospero?
- Part of the Verbena Family who are characterised for growing in tropical areas and having small flowers
- After the growing season, if the flowers are pollinated, they can grow berries. But do not eat them, they are slightly toxic.
Is The Clerodendrum ProsperoThe Right Plant For Me?
It is a relatively easy-to-care plant and it doesn't need an experienced gardener to look after it, as long as it received the correct care.
Prosperos will need a little attention as they need to be watered regularly and fertilised every 4 weeks.
It is also sensitive to ethylene, so it will need to be away from smokers!
Toxicity: The fruits are slightly toxic, keep away from nibbly pets and curious children
How tall does it grow? It can grow up to 120 cm tall
A charming plant that will brighten any space. Get your Clerodendrum Prospeo now!