The Dracaena Gold Dust is an easy to care for, slow-growing evergreen with gorgeous variegated foliage.
A loose clump of stems produces green oval leaves with white and yellow splotches, giving this plant its common name.
Growing pot size: 17cm.
Overall plant height including growing pot: 40cm
Toxicity: Keep away from nibbly pets and curious children.
Key Benefits of Dracaena Gold Dust
Great for your lungs!
The Dracaena Gold Dust helps clean the air in your home by filtering impurities like Formaldehyde, Benzene, Formaldehyde and Carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
Its leaves are also great at releasing moisture and trapping dust keeping nasties away from your lungs and surfaces.
Dracaena Gold Dust Plant Care Tips
- This plant can tolerate lower light conditions but the more light it receives, the better variegation of the leaves, so the ideal spot is bright with filtered light. Keep it away from direct sunlight to prevent scorched leaves.
- Let the top of the soil dry out before every watering session and then, let the water drain. The Dracaena will not appreciate wet feet.
- Warmer temperatures are preferred, ideally between 13 and 30ºC
- Once a month, during the growing season, feed it with an all-purpose fertiliser. Do not fertilise it in the winter.
- This plant doesn’t really need much pruning but if it’s located in a lower light space, it may get a little long as it reaches for light.
- In the spring, check its roots, if you notice that they are growing too big for the pot, it may be the ideal time to replace it with a bigger one. Use houseplant compost soil.
The Dracaena Gold Dust Story
Also known as Japanese Bamboo, Gold Dust Plant and Spotted Leaf Dracaena.
Where is it from?
Native to central-west Africa, ranging from Gabon to Cameroon.
Who is the Dracaena Gold Dust?
- A shrub-like indoor plant, its leaves lighten up as the plant matures.
- This plant can grow fragrant white flowers and red berries, but mostly in its warmer native environments, so don’t expect to see those indoors.
Good For You!
Relax: Studies have shown that interacting with plants like Dracaenas can help reduce feelings of stress and anxiety.
Productivity: It has also been proven that indoor plants can improve productivity and creativity!
Is The Dracaena Gold Dust The Right Plant For Me?
Dracaenas are great indoor plants for those with limited light in their homes. It’s sturdy, not very demanding and it doesn’t take extra space.
If you are looking for something to brighten up your indoors, this is the plant for you, regardless of your gardening expertise!
How tall does it grow? This slow-growing plant can reach up to 1.6 metres in height and 1 metre in width but it can take up to 12 years to reach maturity.
Purifying and easygoing, this is the plant you were looking for! Get your Dracaena Gold Dust today!