The perfect, easy-going, ornamental addition that your home needs!
The Dwarf Umbrella Tree 'Gold Capella' bright green leaves are splashed with vibrant nuances of yellow in this unusual, variegated variety. Beautiful leaf foliage that grows from a single stem, fanning out in an umbrella-like pattern!
Scientifically the Umbrella Tree is called 'Schefflera Arboricola', it gets its name from its unique shiny, oval leaves that often grow in a group of five to nine.
Choose from 2 sizes:
Small:Growing pot size is 19cm. Overall plant height including growing pot: 65-75cm
Large:Growing pot size is 27cm. Overall plant height includin growing pot:90-100cm.
Pets:Keep away from nibbly pets
Key Benefits of the Schefflera Arboricola
Easy Care Decorative
Because of its easy care and maintenance requirements, the Schefflera Arboricola 'Gold Capella' makes a fantastic houseplant for the beginner-advanced plant enthusiast
- The glossy leaves are oval in shape with occasional yellow, gold and light-green splashes that provide a bright focal point in any room.
- The Dwarf Umbrella Tree grows quickly but it can be trimmed and aesthetically adapted to its surroundings.
Dwarf Umbrella Tree Plant Care Tips
With basic care, this plant will live a long life indoors! Dwarf Umbrella Trees like moist (but not wet) soil and therefore don't want to be left sitting in water. Bright, indirect sunlight is preferred by this plant.
Occasionally, you can wipe the leaves with a dry or damp cloth to remove dust. The Gold Capella will also help to purify the air in your home by filtering out airborne toxins. It is considered mildly toxic when eaten or chewed by cats and dogs and should be kept away from pets & children.
The Dwarf Umbrella Tree Story
Where is it from?
Native to Taiwan and southern China, the Umbrella tree thrives in more humid conditions and it can also cope well with lower levels of light.
Who is the Dwarf Umbrella Tree?
- Also known as octopus tree and parasol plant
- An Evergreen plant, with foliage that remains green and effective through more than one growing season.
- It prefers not too extreme temperatures, 15 to 20 degrees are ideal. Under 13 degrees should be avoided or it will lose its leaves.
Good For You!
- Plants are proven to reduce stress and improve mental health and wellbeing. Caring for living beings helps you create peace with those around you.
Perspective: Plants help sharpen your attention. By surrounding yourself with them you improve focus and concentration.
Is The Dwarf Umbrella Tree The Right Plant For Me?
A popular houseplant, easy to grow indoors it’s a favourite of new gardeners as it doesn't need an overly attentive owner.
They are capable of producing pink-red flowers that transform into berries especially in the summer.
Considered mildly toxic, it will not affect its owners but it’s recommended to keep dogs and cats away from it.
How tall does it grow? Gold Capellas can grow to the ultimate height of 1-2m!
If you are looking for a low maintenance green friend to add some vibrancy to your home, then this is the one for you!