Many people choose Hebe because of their ease of care and versatility. They are great as potted plants or for landscaping.
Loved for their colourful leaves and blooms, they come in a variety of different shades ranging from red and pink to purple and blue.
There are nearly 100 different types of Hebe in the world, we’ve made it easier for you and picked our four favourites. So, you can choose from 4 options or buy them all!
JENNA: Delicate white flowers
Growing pot size: 12 cm
Overall plant height including growing pot: 10-20 cm
Key Benefits — Shiny happy people!
‘Put it in the ground where the flowers grow’!
A number of studies have shown that being around plants and nature can lift our moods and help reduce feelings of depression and anxiety.
Hebe will throw their love around flowering over a long period of time!
Plant Care Tips: Hebe
- These lovely shrubs prefer mild conditions, both in the summer and winter. They can tolerate colder temperatures, but they will struggle in heavy frost.
- They will appreciate lots of light, thriving in full sun to partial shade. But be careful with too much shade, this can make them look leggy and stop them from blooming.
- They are drought tolerant but still need a good amount of water to grow healthy. A good watering session once a week should keep them happy, keep the soil moist, not soggy.
- Hebe are not too fussed about fertilising as long as they are kept in well-draining neutral soil. You can feed them to give them a boost at the start of the growing season with a weak organic solution.
How to prune Hebe?
- If you notice that the flowers have faded, trim them off to encourage bloom and keep the plant looking full and beautiful.
- When Hebe has stopped flowering, cut ⅓ back to create a bushier display. This will be even more beneficial throughout the growing season and it will also prevent a leggy look.
Check out our accessories range for the best gardening tools!
The Hebe Story
Also known as Hebe shrub and shrubby Veronica.
Where is it from?
They are natives on the mountainsides and the coasts of New Zealand but can also be found in Australia, South America and the Falkland Islands.
Who is Hebe?
In Greek mythology, Hebe is the goddess of youth, symbolising the blooming of nature and spring. She provided nectar to the gods to ensure eternal life. Hebe plants were named after her!
We can’t promise that these lovely shrubs will make you immortal but, they will attract pollinators to your garden!
Good For You!
Self-confidence: Seeing your Hebe bloom healthy bright-coloured flowers as a result of your care can help you feel more in control of your own life, feel more confident and be ready to face life’s challenges.
Vibrancy: Adding colour to your garden will add energy to your indoors or outdoors!
Is The Hebe The Right Plant For Me?
Heba have the ability to thrive in a range of weather and growing conditions and grows vibrant colour blooms. They are popular due to their ease of care and relaxed charm that can be added to gardens, patios or indoors.
With so little maintenance needed, we think Heba is the right plant for everyone!
Pets: Some types of hebes can be toxic to pets, so keep them away from your furry friends.
How tall does it grow? 1 to 6 feet high; 4 to 5 feet wide
*Decorative pots sold separately
Add a pop of colour to your garden with our lovely Hebe plants! Get your now!