Philodendron Birkin Plant - Hydroponic Philodendron White Wave
The Philodendron Birkin 'White Wave' is named after the Birkin, Hermes' signature handbag.
Your White Wave has glossy green foliage in a broad heart shape, finishing in a point.
Each leaf is marked by white variegated lines, which form a loose fractal pattern.
Overall plant height including glass: 30 cm
Key Benefits of Philodendron Birkin Plant — Easy to care for and pest resistant!
One of the main benefits of growing plants in water is that they are very low maintenance. It also eliminates one of the main problems of houseplants dying which is under or overwatering.
In addition; without soil, diseases and pest problems are much less likely to happen!
How do Hydroponic plants work?
- Hydroponic plants don’t need soil to grow. They receive the necessary nutrients from the water they are planted in.
- Bottled spring water or rainwater is recommended as tap water is often cleared of nutrients.
- The roots regulate themselves. They take the water in when it's needed.
How to set it up
- You will receive your plant and the glass container.
- Place the plant in the container and add a small layer of water, enough to cover the roots only.
- Leave the top part of the roots free of water so they can breathe.
How to care for the Hydrophonic Philodendron White Wave
The Hydroponic Philodendron White Wave is low maintenance as long as you follow these easy steps;
- Top up the water when the lever starts to go down due to evaporation.
- If you notice that the water has a ‘milky’ consistency, it's time to rinse the roots and add fresh water to the container.
- Use collected rainwater or bottled spring water.
- To give it the nutrients it needs to thrive, add a few drops of liquid organic fertiliser occasionally. Change the water the next day so it doesn’t sit in the nutrients for too long - this could cause root rot.
- Keep the glass always clean and clear to make sure your plant grows healthily.
- The plant will thrive in a bright area away from direct light.
The Hydroponic Philodendron White Wave Story
Where is it from?
The White Wave is a spontaneous mutation of the Philodendron Rojo Congo. It doesn’t exist in the wild!
Good For You!
- Relax: Fractal patterns in nature have been shown to relax the mind and improve cognitive ability, making this a great plant to have in a home office or living space.
Is The Hydrophonic Philodendron White Wave The Right Plant For Me?
Hydroponic plants in general are easy to care for and great for new plant parents.
Pets: Keep away from pets.
An unusual plant that is easy to care for and will make an impact in any home! Get your Hydroponic Philodendron White Wave today!