Peperomia caperata ‘Rosso’
The Peperomia Rosso is a compact tropical plant. A very close relative to the Peperomia Schumi Red, they receive their name due to their similarity to pepper plants.
Rosso has bright colourful leaves with green tops and red burgundy undersides, it will be delivered to its new home in a Kokodama Bowl, a handmade coconut fibre biodegradable container. You don’t need a decorative pot!
Kokodamas are made in Sri Lanka where much of daily life revolves around the coconut. Working in conjunction with local projects, every Kokodama sold help give Sri Lankan kids a chance to attend school and achieve their dreams!
Kokodama Size: 15cm
Overal Plant Height including Kokodama: 5 -15 cm
Key Benefits — Confidence and Control
As you care for your Peperomia Rosso, and plants in general, you are more likely to apply care to yourself, other people and the environment. Studies have shown that plant care can support grey matter in the brain which is linked to emotion, decision making and self-control.
Plant Care Tips: Peperomia Rosso
- The Peperomia Rosso will survive in moderate light and tolerate shade, just make sure you avoid direct sunlight. They also accept fluorescent light.
- Let the soil mostly dry between waterings and be careful to not overwater it.
- Average home temperatures and humidity are preferred, avoid cold draughts
- Feed it with a half-strength fertiliser once or twice in the growing season.
The Peperomia Rosso Story
Where is it from?
South America, Central America and the Caribbean
Who is the Peperomia Rosso ?
The name comes from two Greek words: peperi, which means pepper and homoios, which means resembling. They are indeed related to the black pepper plant!
Also known as
- ‘Emerald Ripple Pepper’ or ‘Green Ripple Pepper’.
- Little Fantasy Pepper.
- Eden Rosso Peperomia.
- Radiator plant.
Good For You!
- Improve your living surroundings: Plants like the Peperomia Rosso add a pop of colour to rooms and harsh architecture and decor.
- Positivity: Houseplants can provide an emotional pick me up helping reduce stress and anxiety.
Is The Peperomia Rosso The Right Plant For Me?
The Peperomia Rosso is super easy going, great for beginners!
As with all radiator plants they are ideal for growing in low or fluorescent light, making it perfect for offices, basement flats and shady spots.
Please be aware that the stems and leaves of the plant are quite fragile and may be lost during transit. This is not a problem at all, once they are established they will grow back healthy and beautiful!
Pets: Safe for pets!
How tall does it grow? A compact plant, it will grow a maximum of 20 cm tall.
*Decorative pots sold separately
A unique compact plant to add a pop of colour to any space, big or small! Get your Peperomia Rosso today!