The Philodendron Florida has deep red vines and contrasting broad green leaves that resemble those of Oaks. Much of the appeal of this plant is in its dynamic growth habit and abstract foliage shape.
It is a climbing Philodendron, so you can add a pole for your plant to grow on.
A beautiful tropical plant to give you summer vibes all year round!
Growing pot size: 17 cm
Overall plant height including growing pot: 30-40 cm
Key Benefits — Purifying and Humidifying
A part of its photosynthesis, the Philodendron Florida helps offset rising levels of carbon dioxide in your home while expelling clean air.
Tropical plants like this, are excellent natural humidifiers. They transpire up to 95% of the water that they take up, keeping your home’s humidity levels balanced and helping relieve dry skin conditions, itchy eyes and respiratory problems!
Plant Care Tips: Philodendron Florida
- The perfect spot for the Philodendron Florida is bright but away from direct sunlight. It will tolerate a little bit of shade.
- Let the top few inches of soil dry out before watering again. Mist it often to give the extra humidity that tropical plants love!
- Warner temperatures are preferred, between 18 and 35ºC are perfect!
- Use a clean cloth to wipe accumulated dust.
- Repot it in the growing season when you notice the roots overgrowing the pot. Use a well-draining potting mix.
- Also in the growing season, you can use a nitrogen-based fertiliser once every 4 weeks. Make sure the soil is moist before feeding it.
The Philodendron Florida Story
Also known as Oak Leaf Philodendron
Where is it from?
A native of Venezuela and Brazil.
Who is the Philodendron Florida?
- Until the mid-18th century, botanists were confused about the classification of the plant due to the variations of its leaves. It was named multiple times until the International Plant names index and tropics agreed with Philodendron pedatum as the accepted and recorded name.
- Occasionally, this Philodendron can bloom brown to brownish-green flowers in its native habitat, as a houseplant, it is really rare to see this happening.
Good For You!
Dust trapping: The plant removes dust particles from the air by trapping them on the surface of its leaves. Good for your lungs!
Colour: The deep greens of its leaves triggers an evolutionary response in our brains that helps us feel safe and also reduces feelings of anxiety and nervousness.
Is The Philodendron Florida The Right Plant For Me?
Mature plants are fairly easy to please, promising to thrive in a variety of homes and offices. The only thing to be mindful of is that it needs a good amount of indirect light to grow well and has a very large span so will require a few meters of space!
Toxicity: Keep away from nibbly pets and curious children
How tall does it grow? It can reach 2.5 to 3 meters tall, producing larger, more impressive leaves as it gets bigger.
*Decorative pots sold separately
This lovely tropical plant will have you feeling like all is missing is the sea! Available now!