Rubber Plant Belize
Ficus elastica 'Belize'
The Rubber Plant ‘Belize’ is the perfect addition to your indoor jungle. It has glossy, cream and green leaves with beautiful tints of pink and burgundy when young.
I am a stylish variety of the Rubber Plant with broad cream and green leaves have tints of pink and burgundy when young.
Famous for the white, milky sap that flows from my bark when cut - its latex can be used to make rubber goods, hence the common name.
Key Benefits of Rubber Plant:
As part of its photosynthesis, Rubber plants take carbon dioxide in and with the help of light and water, transform them into fuel and release oxygen into the atmosphere.
Studies have shown that through perspiration plants can improve the humidity in a room by 15%. Rubber plants are particularly great at this and perfect if you have respiratory issues or dry skin.
Rubber Plant Care Tips:
The Rubber Plant Belize is a relatively easy to care for plant and will forgive you if you unintentionally neglect it.
- Be sure to wipe and mist the Belize's leaves regularly to keep them looking their best.
- The Rubber Plant Belize likes indirect bright sunlight. Rotate it frequently to provide even growth.
- Water it regularly every time the soil is dry to touch. It will not need as much water in the colder months.
- Printing it often will stimulate new growth off the sides of the central stem.
- Average home temperatures are perfect, avoid draughts.
Your new Rubber Plant ‘Belize’
Growing pot size: 12cm
Overall plant height including growing pot: 25-30cm
How tall does it grow? It’s a fast grower and it can reach 1.5 metres high
The Rubber Plant ‘Belize’' Story
Part of the fig family, some of its common names include; Ficus Elastica ‘Ruby’, Variegated Rubber Plant and ‘Red’.
Where is it from?
India and South East Asia especially Indonesia
Who is the Ficus Elastica ‘Belize’?
Although not often, they can produce oblong, yellow fruits from small white flowers with yellow centres.
Good For You!
- Purifying: These imposing trees filter airborne toxins from the atmosphere, and they have been named one of the best plants to clear the air.
- Relax: Plants are proven to alleviate the body’s response to stress, the bigger they are, the better the feeling of calm and safety.
Is The Rubber Plant ‘Belize’ The Right Plant For Me?
Rubber Plants are commonly grown as houseplants but they will need a printing routine if you want to keep it a regular size.
The latex in the sap is unpleasant if swallowed, make sure you keep the plant away from curious children and nibbly pets. If you are prone to latex allergies, wear gloves when manipulating it.
Pets: Harmful to pets
Useful to know:
I come from India and Indonesia.
In the wild I can grow to 100ft in height but don't worry, I won't get to more than 6ft in my indoor lifetime.
I like bright indirect light and no direct sunlight.
Water me once the top inch of soil has dried out and please don't leave me sitting in water.
Room temperatures of 16-24°C are perfect.
Feed me once a month between spring and autumn.
My leaves are real dust trappers so I'll need a regular wipe and please mist me too.
I may drop a few of my lower leaves when I first move into a new home so don't be alarmed!
I am toxic so please don't eat me.
I am famous for the white, milky sap that flows from my bark when cut - it is latex which can be used to make rubber goods, hence my common name.
*Decorative pots sold separately.
A beautiful plant to decorate your home and increase your well-being. Get your Rubber Plant Belize today!