Add a slice of nature to any small area of your home!
This Sedum Makinoi Tornado is a compact hardy succulent that has small glossy light and dark green leaves that grow in clusters on a red stem and it is super easy to care for.
This plant will come with a biodegradable pot and you will also receive a hanging rope, in case you have run out of surface space, you can hang the Sedum Tornado up!
Kokodama bowl size: 15 cm
Overall plant height including growing pot: 5-15 cm
Toxicity: Keep away from nibbly pets and curious children
What is Kokodama?
Kokodama is a fair trade, natural and biodegradable alternative to displaying the most beautiful plants plus you don’t need to worry about a decorative pot!
They are bowls made in Sri Lanka using coconut fibre. Part of the profits of the sales help projects to educate local children. Each kokodama bowl has a matching rope to give you the option of hanging them! You will have your own indoor jungle in no time!
But what is the correct spelling?
Kokedama:A Japanese tradition, they are bowls made with moss on which the plant grows.Kokodama: Our Kokodamas are based on the Japanese tradition but made with coconut fibre, hence the slight variation on their name!
Key Benefits — Concentration and Happiness!
Studies have shown that tasks performed under the soothing influence of houseplants are performed with more accuracy and quality.
Plus, adding greenery to your home, study and workplace reduces stress and makes you feel more relaxed, secure and happy!
Plant Care Tips: Sedum Makinoi Tornado
- Place your Sedum Tornado in a bright area, it will thrive if it receives full sun at least 6 hours of the day.
- They are drought tolerant but still need some hydration. Let the soil dry between waterings and let the water drain.
- Feeding is not completely necessary if the plant is receiving the correct care, but you can give a balanced organic fertiliser in the growing season for that extra boost.
- Leaf cuttings can be easily propagated in the warmer months in water or soil
The Sedum Makinoi Tornado Story
The Sedum Makinoi Tornado is also known as Sedum ‘Tundra’ Tornado.
Where is it from?
The plant grows naturally in Costa Rica
Who is the Sedum Makinoi Tornado?
- Sedum is a large genus of succulents and it was described by Carl Linnaeus in 1753 with about 500 species and 32 genera.
- Sedums are sometimes called ‘Stonecrops; because some gardeners joke that only stones need more care to live longer!
Good For You!
Perspective: Living plants help you feel like a part of the greater ecosystem and give you a sense of perspective.
Is The Sedum Makinoi Tornado The Right Plant For Me?
The Sedum Makinoi is a super strong plant, drought-tolerant and beautiful as a hanging plant.
If you have little or no time to care for plants but still want a little bit of nature in your home, it is a perfect choice.
How tall does it grow? It grows up to around 15cm tall
The perfect plant for beginners and busy plant parents! Get your Sedum Makinoi Tornado today!