Variegated Dischidia Oiantha
Dischidia oiantha 'Variegata'
Dischidia oiantha 'Variegata' has attractive, oval, silvery-white edged leaves, and it looks gorgeous hanging from a wall hook or trailing down a mantlepiece.
These plants are epiphytes, which means in the wild they grow on and feed off tree trunks and branches. You can recreate this by adding a pole or one of our plant supports.
Growing pot size: 14cm plus hanging hook. We advise buying a larger decorative pot size as the lip of the hanging pot makes it slightly bigger
Overall plant height including growing pot: 20-25cm
Key Benefits — Better surroundings!
We think that the best way of softening harsh architecture decor is with plants! Hanging plants like the Dischidia are an amazing option for sprucing up your indoor jungle!
Plant Care Tips: Variegated Dischidia Oiantha
- Find your plant a bright spot with indirect light. The ideal temperatures are between 15 and 35ºC
- Allow at least a third of its soil to dry out before watering. This small hanging houseplant is fairly drought tolerant, so you don’t need to worry if you forget to water it from time to time.
- Misting once or twice a week will also help keep humidity levels up.
- It’s recommended to repot it once every two years to give its roots room to expand. Use a chunky well-draining soil mix.
- During the growing season feed it with a half diluted fertiliser once every few waterings.
The Variegated Dischidia Oiantha Story
Also known as ‘White DIamond’
Where is it from?
Native to tropical areas of China and India
Who is the Variegated Dischidia Oiantha?
Dischidias haven’t been thoroughly studied, so not much is known about it as a genus.
Good for you!
Boost your well-being! Adding a few hanging plants indoors gives you a feel of a diverse and rich environment. When we are in the presence of abundant habitats, we experience a higher mood uplift!
Is The Variegated Dischidia Oiantha The Right Plant For Me?
Dischidia Oiantha is a very easy-going plant and is great if you are a beginner to houseplants. Its uniqueness will brighten up any room of your home.
They are also great gifts for any special person in your life!
Toxicity: Keep away from nibbly pets and curious children. Avoid contact with the sap as it is toxic and can cause irritation.
*Decorative pots sold separately
A beautiful hanging plant to add vibrance to your home. Get your Variegated Dischidia Oiantha today!