A rare tropical plant & eco-friendly pot that will create a jungle feeling at home!
The unusual tropical trailing Zebra Basket Vine of glossy dark green leaves with lighter stripey variegation of deep purple-red stripes, together with a handmade biodegradable coconut fiber bowl 'Kokodama' and a matching hanging rope, are the perfect addition to a green jungle environment at home.
The Zebra Basket Vine loves humidity, so it will be perfect for any steamy bathroom or kitchen, it is as well a very easy-to-care-for trailing epiphyte.
Our eco-friendly Kokodama bowls are made in Sri Lanka in collaboration with local communities, every bowl sold will help projects that give school children a better future, and they are an eco alternative to displaying the most beautiful plants at home.
But what is the correct spelling?
Kokedama: A Japanese tradition, they are bowls made with moss on which the plant grows.
Kokodama: Our Kokodamas are based on the Japanese tradition but made with coconut fibre, hence the slight variation on their name!
Key Benefits of Zebra Basket Vine
Perception and Focus
Looking after living plants helps you feel involved in the greater ecosystem and gives you a sense of perspective.
The Zebra Basket Vine underleaf stripes activate the alpha response that helps you relax but keep you in a wakeful state increasing focus and attention.
Zebra Basket Vine Plant Care Tips
- Place your Zebra Basket Vine in a humid area with bright indirect sunlight and temperatures above 13ºC.
- Let the top 2 inches of the soil dry out between waterings and mist it often to give it the extra hydration it needs.
- Make sure to remove the plant from your Kokodama before watering and place it back once the water is not dripping from the growing pot.
- Feed it once every 2 months during the growing season for an extra boost.
- This Aeschynanthus doesn’t need regular repotting but if you notice the roots 'circling' around the growing pot, it’s best to increase the pot size by just a few centimetres.
- If the stems get too long, trim it back by a few inches with a clean blade.
The Zebra basket Vine Story
Also known as the Lipstick Vine
Where is it from?
It’s native to Thailand and Malaysia where it lives in a rainforest habitat.
Who is the Zebra basket Vine?
The Zebra Basket Vine is an epiphyte, in its natural habitat, it lives on the branches of trees, and gets its nutrition from its leaves.
Good For You!
Mood lifting: Studies have shown that the presence of houseplants can trigger the release of brain serotonin reducing feelings of depression and anxiety.
Creativity: Research also has shown that having plants in study and workplaces can help increase creativity levels
Is The Zebra Basket Vine The Right Plant For Me?
This plant is very suitable for new plant owners as it doesn’t require a large amount of attention. Make sure you mist it regularly and keep it in a warm room.
It’s a tropical plant, so its natural environment must be replicated as much as possible.
Vine plants are fast growers, ensure your Zebra Basket Vine has plenty of room to expand!
Pets: Pet friendly!
How tall does it grow? It can grow up to nearly a metre high.
Get your Zebra Basket Vine and Eco Coconut Pot combo today!