Crossandra Firecracker Fortuna
A durable plant, the Crossandra Fortuna is also called Firecracker Flower Plant.
It produces beautiful bright orange flowers throughout most of the year in the right conditions (It likes it warm!)
In some South Asian countries, its vibrant flowers are extremely popular and are used to make garlands and hair decorations.
Growing pot size: 12 cm
Overall plant height including growing pot: 25-30 cm
Key Benefits — Durable and decorative
The Crossandra Fortuna will beautify your indoor and outdoor spaces with gorgeous flowers throughout the months.
This strong buddy is tolerant of shade and low light.
Plant Care Tips: Crossandra Fortuna
- This radiant friend loves bright light. Avoid direct sunlight in the summer but in the winter, it will enjoy as much light as possible.
- The best soil option will be peat-based and fast-draining. If you want to keep the plant outdoors, a mix of soil and nutrient-rich compost is ideal.
- Give it lots of water in the growing season, make sure the soil is always moist but not completely wet. The Crossandra Fortuna will need less water during the colder seasons.
- Like any other tropical plant, it prefers warmer environments, and it will struggle below 12ºC. In the winter we recommend keeping it in a well-heated room.
- Humidity is also important, if you don’t have a humidifier, placing the plant pot on a tray of pebbles filled with water helps.
- During the warmer months, feed it with a weak liquid fertiliser every fortnight. In the winter you can cut the feeding by half.
- If you notice any drying flowers, remove them to make room for new ones.
- If you are really careful with the plant during the winter and protect it from the cold temperatures, you can re-pot it just before spring.
Did you know?
- In India, this incredibly reliable plant is used as hair decoration as a symbol of prosperity.
- They will attract butterflies and hummingbirds if grown outside!
Where is it from?
Crossandra Fortuna originally comes from India, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and Madagascar.
Who is the Firecracker Flower Plant?
- The plant received its nickname ‘Firecracker’ because when the flowers dry up, they form little seed pods. If they spend some time in humidity, the pods burst open filling the ground with seeds.
- The flowers are unscented but, with its striking looks, we think fragrance is unnecessary!
Good For You!
- Colour: Bright coloured plants and flowers have an important role in the environment we live in. They affect our visual, emotional and mental sensations and improve our quality of life!
- Connect: Plants not only help us to connect with nature and ourselves but also with other people! The Crossandra Fortuna’s symbolism makes it a meaningful gift and a great conversation starter.
Is The Crossandra Fortuna The Right Plant For Me?
The simple answer is: Yes!
Even if you are an inexperienced gardener, this plant will survive a long time with minimal care, plus, your home will look even better!
Pets: Non-toxic and safe for our furry family members!
How tall does it grow?
Indoors it will grow up to 30 - 45 cm, outdoors it can grow up to 90cm tall
*Decorative pots sold separately
Beautiful and durable, this plant will put a smile on everyone's face. Get your Crossandra Fortuna today!