Air Purifying Plants
Air Purifying Plants
Is your home healthy? Make a green upgrade and breathe the purest oxygen! Start fresh with some of the NASA's top ranked Natural Air Purifying Plants.
Breathe the best air and make a statement with these gorgeous leafy plants, our Air Purifying Collection was created thinking about Smart houses and Healthy Living from the inside out. These Plants will gift you the freshest oxygen possible, remove indoor air pollution and make your home environment cleaner and healthier.
Choose your favourites and get ready for a Fresh new beginning! We will deliver them safely to your home. Read More
Air Purifying Plants FAQ
Why Do We Need Air Purifying Plants?
Modern indoor spaces like your home or office often suffer from a lack of airflow, while building materials, synthetic home furnishings, cleaning products and more can all release harmful chemicals into the air.
This means the air inside can become stagnant and indoor air pollution can build up, potentially worsening symptoms of respiratory conditions such as asthma, exacerbating skin problems or causing Sick Building Syndrome.
Plug-in air purifiers might be effective, however, they are unsustainable, ironically creating yet more pollution as they guzzle energy in order to remove pollution!
Luckily for us, there’s an amazing natural alternative: the humble houseplant. Air purifying plants can help to increase oxygen levels, remove toxins, increase humidity and more, all while transforming your home into a chic urban jungle.
What Are The Benefits of Air Purifying Plants?
Research suggests that investing in indoor plants to purify air may come with myriad wellness benefits. Your indoor oasis may help to…
- Boost your immunity.
- Reduce the occurrence of headaches.
- Relieve symptoms of respiratory conditions.
- Relieve allergy symptoms.
- Reduce fatigue, make you feel more alert and improve focus.
- Boost your skin health.
For more fascinating information on indoor plants and air quality, check out what the Royal Horticultural Society has to say about houseplants and how they support human health here.
You can also check out our very own in-depth exploration of the benefits of air purifying plants on our Green Room Blog, here.
How To Care For Air Purifying Plants?
Every air purifying plant is different, meaning each unique plant may require different amounts of water, light and humidity. But don’t worry! All of our individual product pages come with detailed care instructions to help you keep your air purifying indoor plants flourishing.
Be sure to research the optimum position, watering schedule, compost composition and humidity needs for each plant and your indoor jungle will soon be thriving.
A tip for all air purifying house plants is to keep them looking their best. This means pruning away any dead leaves and dusting the healthy leaves regularly with a damp cloth. As well as obvious aesthetic benefits, this will help your plants to photosynthesize effectively, increasing their air purifying powers.
What Are Types Of Air Purifying Plants?
With their curling green fronds and trailing tendrils, ferns are some of the most popular indoor plants around. They are also some of the best air purifying plants available.
Calatheas are the queens of the indoor plant world. Voluptuous, bold and striking with beautifully patterned leaves, calatheas will make a stylish statement in any interior. Plus, their abundant foliage and large leaves means that these botanical beauties are super efficient photosynthesizers and cleanse the air of toxins.
One of NASA’s top scorers, philodendrons have large leaves that are bursting with that detoxifying expert - chlorophyll. As tropical plants, philodendrons love moisture and will also increase the humidity levels and improve air quality. Take care of them and they will reward you with a fresh, pure and clean indoor atmosphere that makes you feel clear-headed and calm.
What Are Air Purifying Plant Top Picks?
Philodendron Fuzzy Petiole
- With bold, dramatic green leaves and cute red fuzzy petioles, this rare philodendron is coveted by indoor plant enthusiasts around the world! Bright, bold and unfussy, this easy-going air purifier makes a fantastic addition to your houseplant family.
Snake Plant 'Fernwood Mikado' & Berry Pot
- This striking variegated Mikado snake plant is one of the best air purifying plants for beginners. Easy to care for and tolerant of varying conditions, just be sure not to overwater your snake plant. The bright berry pot means that this combo makes a wonderful house-warming gift for a plant-loving pal.
Janet Craig Compacta & Snick Pot
- Searching for an air purifying indoor plant that can thrive in a corner with no direct light? This slow-growing relative of the Dracaena family is the plant for you! This efficient air purifying plant has glossy and abundant foliage and comes with an elegant ceramic pot.
The Ultimate Sansevieria Bundle
- This beautiful bundle of Sansevieria (or snake plants) will take your air purifying house plants collection to the next level. Housed in rustic baskets, each snake plant is unique in size and pattern, providing easy-to-care-for natural decoration to any room in your home.
Alocasia Wentii & Basket with Mister
- With large sculptural green leaves with deep purple undersides, this humidity-loving house plant is a great way to add a statement piece to your house plant family. This brilliant bundle comes with a mister to boost humidity around your plant and deliver even more air purifying benefits.
Dragon Head Bamboo
- Suited for indoor or outdoor use, this versatile bamboo is fast-growing and undemanding. With plenty of bushy green foliage, it’s an expert photosynthesizer, making it one of the best air purifying plants for your home.
Are Air Purifying Plants Pet-friendly?
Looking for air purifying plants that won’t harm your furry friends if they have a nibble? No problem! Here at Bloombox Club, we have plenty of pet-friendly indoor plants to purify air.
Just use our handy Categories section in the left-hand sidebar and tick both ‘Air Purifying Plants’ and ‘Pet Friendly Plants’ to find non-toxic air purifying indoor plants that are perfect for pet-loving people!
Just be sure to read our product descriptions carefully whenever you’re browsing for plants as we’ll always make sure to mention if a plant isn’t pet safe.