The ZZ plant is a tough-as-nails houseplant commonly known as the Emerald Palm. Their oval-shaped green leaves are so glossy that some people mistake them for artificial plants!
It can grow in pretty much any condition except direct sunlight, so it is hugely versatile for any room. It likes both frequent and infrequent watering, it just depends on how much light it's getting. Less light, less water. More light, more water. Easy!
Choose from 2 sizes:
Medium: Growing pot size is 14cm. Overall height including growing pot: 25-35cm
Large: Growing pot size is 17cm. Overall height including growing pot: 35-45cm
Key Benefits - Purifying and Dust trapping
The ZZ Plant is great at filtering pollution and other toxins from the air transforming it into the oxygen you breathe.
It’s also known for accumulating dust, removing it from the air, you can easily wipe it away with a clean damp cloth.
Plant Care Tips: ZZ Plant
- Set your ZZ Plant in an area with bright light but avoid direct sun,
- It’s not a thirsty plant, it will only need water every 2 or 3 weeks or, once the soil is dry.
- Average household humidity is more than enough
The ideal temperature is between 18 and 30ºC
- They are not very picky about the type of soil, as long as it is well-draining.
- It’s also not a very hungry plant but it will appreciate fertilising a couple of times during the growing season.
The ZZ Plant Story
Zamioculcas zamiifolia have been around for hundreds of years and have won the hearts of houseplant parents in the mid-’90s when they started being commercialised by Dutch nurseries.
Where is it from?
A tropical perennial native to Eastern Africa
Who is the ZZ Plant?
It’s also known as Zanzibar gem, Zuzu plant, Aroid palm, Aternity plant and Emerald palm.
Good For You!
- Vitality: Its sleek greens have an appealing effect on us and it can lift our moods.
- Connection: Being around plants, even the ones that don’t need much care, is a great way of connecting with nature and ourselves. Even
Is The ZZ Plant The Right Plant For Me?
Are you one of those people that loves plants but doesn’t have a natural green thumb? You want more green friends but you haven’t been very lucky caring for them? The ZZ Plant is your new best friend! Super glossy and practically indestructible, this plant will thrive in any home and even tolerate a little bit of neglect!
Pets: Keep away from nibbly pets and curious children. Wash your hands thoroughly after handling it to avoid skin irritation.
How tall does it grow? They can grow up to 3 to 4 feet tall.
A shiny plant that is perfect for beginners and forgetful plant parents! Get your ZZ plant today!