This rare plant will look gorgeous in any home!
With rounded, bright-green, sometimes with yellow-cream markings or borders, elegant leaves that grow over the entire branch.
Dinner Plate Aralia:
Growing pot size: 27cm
Overall plant height including growing pot:90-100cm
Key Benefits of Dinner Plate Aralia 'balfour'
Improve the air you breathe!
As part of photosynthesis, the Aralia Balfour take in carbon dioxide and with the help of light and water, they release oxygen back into the atmosphere. Through transpiration, this plant can also release up to 95% of the water they consume into the air acting like a natural humidifier in your indoors!
Not only that, its flat leaves are great dust trappers, keeping nastiness away from your surfaces and lungs!
How to care for Dinner Plate Aralia 'balfour'
The name Polyscias is derived from Greek: 'Poly' means 'many' and the 'scias' translates to 'shade', which tells us about the plants care needs.
- Ideally, you'd find your Polyscias balfour a bright spot with indirect light but, as the name suggests, it can also adapt to shade.
- These plants love humidity so will do really well in a bathroom or kitchen. If your plant is housed anywhere else, make sure you are misting it regularly.
- Wait until the top surface of the plant is dry before watering and reduce this during the winter months when the temperatures drop.
- Average home temperatures are great, avoid anything under 15ºC ad keep the plant away from radiators and air conditioners.
- Cutaway any dead or overgrown stems and leaves to retain the plant’s shape. Pruning is best done in the spring or summer.
- In the growing season, feed it with a liquid balanced fertiliser once a month.
- To keep the plant growing, repot it once every year in the warmer months using a well-draining soil mix. If you prefer a more compact plant, reduce repotting to once every two years.
The Dinner Plate Aralia 'balfour'Story
Where is it from?
Native to Australia and Papua New Guinea,
Who is the Dinner Plate Aralia 'balfour' ?
Occasional leaf droppings are normal but if many leaves fall off, it may be a sign that the air is too dry. Find a place away from heaters and air conditioners and mist it often!
Good For You!
The Dinner Plate Aralia balfour is a great option if you want to enjoy all the wonderful benefits plants give you, even without a green thumb!
Escape:Getting out into nature is a great way to re-set your body and mind.
Reduce Stress:Spending time in nature or surrounded by houseplants helps speed up recovery from mental fatigue and lower anxiety.
Is The Dinner Plate Aralia 'balfour' The Right Plant For Me?
The Aralia Balfour Plant is an evergreen plant that requires minimum maintenance and is hassle-free. So, if you are not very experienced and still cause an impact, this is the plant for you!
Pets: Keep away from nibbly pets
How tall does it grow? With the correct care, it will grow up to 1 to 2 meters tall!
Do you want an unusual and impressive plant that doesn’t need extra effort to thrive? The Dinner Plate Aralia Balfour is the one for you!