This is a speedy, easy grower, and will happily trail down your shelves or hang from a railing. Its leaves are flecked with bright neon yellow, which means some mistake it for a Sweetheart Plant Brazil. Golden Pothos leaves are less pointed and the break from yellow to green is less distinct.
Growing pot size: 12cm diameter
Overall plant height including growing pot: 5-10cm
Key Benefits — Purifying and Dust Trapping
Golden Pothos is a great purifier. It reduces formaldehyde levels in the air and its surroundings. Formaldehyde is a natural gas that is present in greens, fruit and plants.
The Scindapsus also helps your lungs by trapping dust, lowering the levels of pollutants and harmful particle debris in your home.
Plant Care Tips: Golden Pothos
- Place it in a bright area away from direct sunlight.
- Water it when you notice the soil drying up.
- Spray the Golden Pothos from time to time to keep dust and pests away
- Normal home temperatures are fine, keep the plant away from cold draughts and radiators.
- If the leaves are becoming too large for your taste, you can cut them and they will be replaced by new ones.
- During the growing season, feed it with standard fertiliser every fortnight.
The Golden Pothos Story
Where is it from?
Native to South-East Asia.
Who is the Golden Pothos?
The Golden Pothos has many names, scientific and common. Modern gardeners may favour the name Epipremnum aureum, but its old and most known scientific name is Scindapsus aureum.
Pothos is also famously called Devil’s Eye, Australian Native Monstera, Ivy Arum, Silver Vine and Taro Vine
Good For You!
- Escape: Watching the Golden Pothos grow and simply staring at its features can help us slow down and appreciate the beauty around us.
- Focus: The modern world is constantly trying to redirect our attention with social media, digital advertising and rapidly changing technology. Looking after plants like the Devil’s Eye can help us claim our attention back!
Is The Golden PothosThe Right Plant For Me?
Easy like a Sunday morning!
The Golden Pothos is a very easy going houseplant that is almost unkillable. Great for novice gardeners and offices.
Pets: Keep away from nibbly pets
How tall does it grow? With the right care, they can grow up to 3 to 6 feet tall.
Start your plant collection today with the super easygoing Golden Pothos! Available now!