The Shark Fin really is a jaw-dropping plant!
A mono-phytic species, its single leaf/sail/fin/ (whatever you want to call it) is its main attraction. It is also often referred to as the Whale fin plant. What makes it even better is that it is almost impossible to kill as it loves to be neglected.
In the wild, I grow in clumps, but as a houseplant, I will remain a single, frozen, sea-green wave. I have a large surface area with dappled markings and a surrounding band of brown.
We don’t like to assume, but we’d like to think that this is Steven Spielberg’s favourite plant!
Growing pot size: 12cm
Overall plant height including growing pot: 25-30cm
Pets: Keep away from pets and children
Key Benefits of the Shark Fin - Sansevieria Masoniana 'Victoria'
Easy going and Purifying
This unusual plant will survive well for a long time even if you forget a little about her. Perfect for careless plant parents!
Like other Sansevierias, it is considered a great air purifier. It removes toxins and harmful pollutants from the air.
How to care for the Shark Fin plant
- Allow the top inch of the soil to dry between watering. Water it slowly and discard any drained water. Do not overwater it to prevent root rot.
- Quite resistant to any lighting conditions but ideally, it likes to be placed somewhere with bright light. Great if you have extra space on your windowsill (but be careful with direct sunlight).
- Average indoor temperatures are great, just avoid extremely cold weather.
- You don’t need to feed it often. Twice to 3 times a year is good enough.
The Shark Fin Story
In its natural habitat, the Shark Fin grows in clumps, but as a houseplant, it will mostly remain a single leaf with a large surface area.
Where is it from?
A Native to Africa, it was brought to Europe from the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Who is the Shark Fin?
- A slow-growing plant compared to other Sansevierias.
- A member of the Asparagaceae family.
Is The Shark Fin The Right Plant For Me?
A great option for inexperienced gardeners as it requires very little maintenance.
How tall does it grow? Giving it enough time, it can grow as high as 1 metre tall.
A unique looking and super easy to care for plant. Add it to your bag now!