Burgundy stems and green leaves with a glossy red tone give this Philodendron a touch of class. Indoors, it will brighten your decor and also help improve the air quality!
If you are looking for a plant with a rouge tone but with leaves that aren’t as large or dark as the Philodendron Imperial Red, this is a perfect choice!
Growing pot size: 19cm
Overall plant height, including growing pot: 45-55 cm
Key Benefits — Purifying and humidifying
Philodendron's leaves are covered in small pores that absorb carbon dioxide and expel oxygen helping transform the air quality in your room.
Tropical plants have also been proven to improve air humidity. If you are constantly in dry spaces like air-conditioned offices or suffer from respiratory problems, this plant will definitely help!
Plant Care Tips: Philodendron Red
- Philodendrons prefer loose soil, where water can drain easily. The soil needs to be moist but not wet to prevent root rot.
- Make sure that the top 1-2 inches of the soil is dry between waterings. It will need more water in the summer months and less in the winter.
- Clean any dusty and dirty leaves with a clean cloth.
- Place your plant in a bright area away from direct sunlight. Make sure that the sun is now directly on its leaves and they can get burned.
- Tropical plants are used to warm environments so they prefer temperatures between 18°C and 26°C. In colder months, keep it in a well-heated room.
- The Philodendron Red also enjoys humid environments so, if your home is dry and you don’t have a humidifier, you can put it together with other plants as they will increase air moisture.
- During the growing season, feed it monthly with a fertiliser rich in macronutrients.
- If you notice roots filling out the bottom of the pot, it’s because they’ve become too big and strong and it’s time to repot it.
The Philodendron Hastatum
Where is it From?
Philodendron Red are originally from the tropical rainforests of South and Central America.
Good For You!
- Air-Purifying: Philodendrons are known as great air purifiers. They absorb chemicals from rooms and can be a great help for people with Asthma.
- Transpiring: Tropical Plants are great at replenishing oxygen and moisture in the air.
Is The Philodendron Red The Right Plant For Me?
As long as you give them enough water, good soil and the humid conditions it needs, it is a straightforward plant to look after.
Is it toxic? It’s toxic if ingested. Keep away from nibbly pets and curious children.
Wear gardening gloves before you touch it.
How tall does it grow?
The leaves become more arrow-shaped as it grows and the plant can reach up to 2 - 3 meters high.
A striking looking plant with great benefits! Get your Philodendron Red now!