Zebra Basket Vine
The Zebra Basket Vine is an easy to care for trailing epiphyte. Its leaves are glossy and dark green with lighter, stripey variegation. Underleaf, they are deep purple-red with stripes that look like zebra stripes.
The Aeschynanthus Marmoratus is a tropical jungle plant that loves humidity so it’s perfect for a steamy bathroom or kitchen!
An unusual small hanging houseplant in a handmade coconut fibre bowl (Kokodama) that will look beautiful in any room of your home!
Kokodama Size: 17cm
Overall Plant Height including Kokodama: 20 -30 cm
What is Kokodama?
Kokodama is a fair trade, natural and biodegradable alternative to displaying the most beautiful plants!
They are bowls made in Sri Lanka using coconut fibre. Part of the profits of the sales help projects to educate local children.
Each kokodama bowl has a matching rope to give you the option of hanging them! You will have your own indoor jungle in no time!
But what is the correct spelling?
Kokedama: A Japanese tradition, they are bowls made with moss on which the plant grows.
Kokodama: Our Kokodamas are based on the Japanese tradition but made with coconut fibre, hence the slight variation on their name!
Key Benefits — Perception and Focus
Looking after living plants helps you feel involved in the greater ecosystem and gives you a sense of perspective.
The Zebra Basket Vine underleaf stripes activate the alpha response that helps you relax but keep you in a wakeful state increasing focus and attention.
Plant Care Tips: Zebra Basket Vine
- Place your Zebra Basket Vine in a humid area with bright indirect sunlight and temperatures above 13º.
- Let the top 2 inches of the soil dry out between waterings and mist it often to give it the extra hydration it needs.
- Feed it once every 2 months during the growing season for an extra boost.
- This Aeschynanthus doesn’t need regular repotting but if you notice the roots ‘circling’ around the growing pot, it’s best to increase the pot size by just a few centimetres.
- If the stems get too long, trim it back by a few inches with a clean blade.
The Zebra basket Vine Story
Also known as the Lipstick Vine
Where is it from?
It’s native to Thailand and Malaysia where it lives in a rainforest habitat.
Who is the Zebra basket Vine?
The Zebra Basket Vine is an epiphyte, in its natural habitat, it lives on the branches of trees, and gets its nutrition from its leaves.
Good For You!
- Mood lifting: Studies have shown that houseplants can trigger the release of brain serotonin reducing feelings of depression and anxiety!
- Creativity: Researches also have shown that having plants in study and workplaces increase creativity levels!
Is The Zebra Basket Vine The Right Plant For Me?
This plant is very suitable for new plant owners as it doesn’t require a large amount of attention. Make sure you mist it regularly and keep it in a warm room.
It’s a tropical plant, so its natural environment must be replicated as much as possible.
Vine plants are fast growers, ensure your Zebra Basket Vine has plenty of room to expand!
Pets: Pet friendly!
How tall does it grow? It can grow up to nearly a metre high.
*Decorative pots sold separately
An unusual tropical trailing plant that will add a pop of colour to your home! Get your Zebra Basket Vine today!