Ideal for adding a tropical touch to any home!
Although you're unlikely to get any fruit from me when grown indoors, my beautiful, huge, paddle-shaped leaves with purple blotches definitely make up for it. Due to our impressive looks, ornamental appeal, and convenient size, Musa Dwarf Cavendish are the UK’s most popular banana plants.
Musa Dwarf Cavendish’s leaves remove toxins and dust from the air, making them great company for those with respiratory problems.
Our beautiful 3 sizes:
Small: Growing pot size is 12 cm. Overall plant height including growing pot: 30-35 cm
Medium: Growing pot size is 17 cm. Overall plant height including growing pot: 45-50 cm
Large: Growing pot size is 24cm. Overall plant height including growing pot: 70-80cm
Key Benefits of Musa Acuminata Dwarf Cavendish Plant
Musa Dwarf Cavendish cleans toxins and dust from the air and brings a sunny tropical feel to any room. To care for your dwarf banana plant:
- Place it in a warm draught-free spot, ideally 18-27 °C, with lots of bright light. It can handle some direct light.
- Provide it with some humidity by misting it often and standings it in a tray of pebbles. A warm steamy kitchen can be the ideal location!
- Water it whenever the top inch of soil has dried out slightly.
- During the growing season, feed it with a balanced fertilizer every fortnight.
The Musa Acuminata Dwarf Cavendish Plant Story
Where is it from?
The Musa Dwarf Cavendish banana is native to the Canary Islands.
Who is the Banana Plant for?
- This plant’s leaves tear easily, sometimes even naturally while they unfurl, so it is best to place this plant out of reach of pets and children, although it is non-toxic. Musa Dwarf Cavendish will flourish if regularly misted, placed near other plants, or in a steamy warm kitchen. This plant is less suitable for steamy bathrooms as it does not like drafts from open windows.
- Musa Dwarf Cavendish is part of the Musaceae family and has been grown indoors since Victorian times!
- Banana Plants are suckering evergreen perennials, so will keep it’s beautiful green paddle-shaped leaves all year round and live for many years.
- Musa Dwarf Cavendish’s naturally occurring patterns and green leaves trigger an evolutionary response that makes people feel calm and energized.
Is A Dwarf Banana Plant The Right Plant For Me?
Although banana plants are usually tall tropical trees the Dwarf Cavendish Banana Plant grows up to 2-3 meters, and can even fit on a windowsill for the first few years!
Musa Dwarf Cavendish do well in warm rooms, are pet and child-friendly, and although their delicate leaves require some care, they flourish beautifully if given the attention they deserve.
Musa Dwarf Cavendish Banana Plants bring the tropical sun and cleaner air to any room no matter how small!
During transit, some stems may crease slightly but they will return to normal once the plant has adapted to its new home.