Cordyline fruticosa 'Conga'
The Cordyline Conga has vibrant variegated foliage with irregular splashes of green and white. No two leaves are the same. Unlike many of the other white-variegated cordylines, the leaf margins of this one rarely get scorched.
Growing pot size: 19cm
Overall plant height including growing pot: 35cm
Key Benefits — Dust trapping and purifying.
Cordyline fruticosa traps dust and absorbs impurities through the pores on the surface of their leaves facilitating photosynthesis. Through photosynthesis, they transform carbon dioxide into the fresh air we breathe!
Plant Care Tips: Cordyline 'Conga'
- This plant will do best in a bright, indirect spot near a window. Water once the top of the soil has dried out. You may need to water more regularly in the warmer summer months. Use distilled or collected rainwater.
- Coming from the tropics, these plants require a humid environment. You can create this by misting your plant regularly or placing it on a pebble tray with water.
- Cordylines often shed their lower leaves to make way for new growth so don't panic if you see some brown ones at the bottom of the plant. Simply remove them to keep your plant looking neat and tidy.
- Make sure the winter temperatures stay above 15°C and repot every couple of years using an organic, well-draining compost soil mix.
- Feed it in the growing season with a liquid fertiliser applying it directly onto the potting soil.
- Prune it to keep the plant from overgrowing indoors. Clip back stalks at least six inches from the top of the soil.
The Cordyline 'Conga' Story
Also known as Japanese Bamboo, Gold Dust Plant and Spotted Leaf Dracaena.
Where is it from?
Southeast Asia and the Western Pacific Ocean region.
Who is the Cordyline 'Conga'?
In some cultures, Cordyline Fruticosa plants are cultivated for food, medicine as well as ornamental values. They are also thought to bring good luck.
Good For You!
- Feel happy!: There have been documents showing that life around houseplants has reduced people’s feelings of stress, anger, fatigue and depression!
- Productivity: Plants in the work or study space can also help to increase memory, creativity and productivity!
Is The Cordyline 'Conga' The Right Plant For Me?
Once you receive your new Cordyline Conga, watch it closely for the first few weeks to get used to the correct amount of water it needs as it can be a little demanding on this side. Make sure to keep the soil moist but not soggy and watch out for any leaf discolouration, it could be a side that needs more attention.
Toxicity: Keep away from nibbly pets and curious children. If your skin is on the sensitive side, wear gardening gloves when handling it.
How tall does it grow? Cordyline fruticosa are fast growers and can reach up to 10 feet outdoors.
*Decorative pots sold separately
A beautiful ornamental plant that will take your interior design to the next level! Get your Cordyline Cong today!