Mystical powerful plant?
An elegant tropical plant, with green leaves edged in purple. Their growth habit is similar to that of the Dracaena, but these guys are on the rare side!
Many cultures believe that the Cordyline fruticosa 'Rumba', also known as Ti Plant, is a powerful plant with mystical abilities, bringing luck and protection to its owners. While we can’t guarantee this, we are sure that it will add a vibrant spot of colour to your home!
Key Benefits of Cordyline Rumba
Purifying and Humidifying
Plants like the Cordyline Rumba clean volatile organic compounds from the air and convert carbon dioxide into the oxygen we breathe.
If you mist the plant enough, it will transpire helping humidify the air and relieving complaints related to respiratory issues and skin sensitivities.
Cordyline Rumba Plant Care Tips
- Place your Cordyline in an area with bright indirect light, be careful with direct sunlight, it can scorch its leaves. A little misting from time to time can help the plant thrive.
- Keep the soil constantly moist but not oversaturated to avoid root rot. Allow only the top of the soil to dry out between waterings, preferably rain or distilled water.
- With the right care, this gorgeous plant will live a long, happy life and continue to add a stylish and sophisticated flair to your home.
- This plant survives well in average household temperatures. Avoid anything below 15ºC.
- Use a nutrient-rich fertiliser once every 2 weeks during the growing season.
- An occasional prune is advised to keep it at a manageable size in your home, clip back the stalks six inches from the top of the soil
- A young plant will need repotting every 2 years to expand its roots, mature Cordylines will only need repotting every 3 to 4 years. Use an organic well-draining soil mix.
The Cordyline Rumba Story
Cordyline fruticosa is also sometimes known as Cordyline terminalis, or Dracaena terminalis. Other common names include Good Luck Plant, Ti Tree and Baby Doll Ti.
Where is it from?
They are native to the Pacific Ocean region, including Asia, Hawaii and Australia.
Who is Cordyline Rumba?
An evergreen plant part of the Asparagaceae family, its leaves have been used for a variety of purposes including roof thatching, plates, cups, fishing tools, shoes and even hula skirts!
In many Australasian ethnic groups, this Cordyline is considered to have mystical and spiritual powers. They also use the plant as medicine, dyes and ornaments.
Good For You!
Positivity: The beautiful colours of the Cordyline Rumba will add vibrancy to your home and lift your spirits!
Energy: Care for this unique plant, and you will find yourself puttering around watering it, misting it, dusting it. All these little efforts will keep you moving and more energetic!
Is The Cordyline Rumba The Right Plant For Me?
It can be a bit tricky to figure out what is the correct amount of water for your Cordyline, you’ll need to observe the plant closely at the beginning to get used to what it prefers.
It’s a fast grower, so it needs a bit of maintenance to keep it at a manageable size as an indoor plant.
We think that the most beautiful and rewarding things in life take effort and dedication, with a bit of patience and commitment, the Cordyline Rumba will bring you a lot of joy for years to come!
Pets: Keep away from nibbly pets
How tall does it grow? In its natural habitats, the Ti Plant can grow up to 10 feet, indoors its height is more manageable with some regular pruning.
A unique colourful plant to give you that ‘pick me up’ you were needing! Get yours today!