Peperomia caperata 'Schumi Red'
The Peperomia caperata 'Schumi Red' is a compact plant, perfect for smaller areas and worktops. It has beautifully textured leaves that range from dark burgundy to almost black in colour.
Schumi Red is semi-succulent with thick, water-storing fleshy leaves, it’s very easy to care for and tolerant to low levels of light. It will add a dramatic beautiful pop of colour to any room!
Growing pot size: 10cm
Overall plant height including growing pot: 15-20cm
Key Benefits — Purifying and Colour
The Peperomia caperata ‘Schumi Red’ is great at purifying the air. As part of their photosynthesis, it filters impurities and increases air quality.
Colours play an important role in our lives, it impacts our moods and it can even relax our muscles. Burgundy colours and reds are stimulating and associated with excitement.
How to care for Peperomia caperata 'Schumi Red'
- The Peperomia caperata enjoys bright indirect light. Avoid direct sunlight as it can scorch the plant’s leaves
- Keep the soil moist but not wet, do not let it dry out between waterings.
- Warmer environments are preferred, ideally between 15 to 26ºC
- You can trim the plant to keep its shape, remove any discoloured and damaged leaves.
The Peperomia caperata 'Schumi Red' Story
Also known as Radiator Plant, Emerald- or Green-Ripple Pepper, Little Fantasy Pepper, this Peperomia can produce blooms that shoot out like spikes. They are part of the peppercorn family, Piperaceae.
Where is it from?
Central and South America, prominently in Colombia and Brazil.
Who is the Peperomia capoeira ‘Schumi Red’?
- Sometimes also known as Chinese oranges.
- An Evergreen plant, with foliage that remains green throughout the year.
Good For You!
- Stimulating: The red and burgundy colours of this Peperomia caperata are thought to be exciting and stimulating!
Is Peperomia caperata 'Schumi Red' The Right Plant For Me?
Perfect if you don’t have much space due to its compact size. The Peperomia caperata ‘Schumi Red’ is relatively easy to care for and will add a pop of colour to any home!
Pets: Safe for pets!
*Decorative pots sold separately.
This plant will not sparkle in the sunlight like a famous fictitious character but it will add a classy vintage vamp look to your home decor! Buy your Peperomia caperata Schumi Red now!