A little tree to add ancient wisdom vibes to your home!
The Umbrella Plant Luseana is a gorgeous, well-rounded plant that is easy to care for and it will do well in most environments including lower-lit rooms. A great plant for an office or bedroom!
With leaves arranged in umbrella-like formations, this shrubby houseplant really is reminiscent of a tree and will help you get in touch with nature even when you're indoors.
The leaves are leathery in texture, shiny green glabrous on the upper surface and somewhat lighter and matte on the underside. Young plants have smaller leaves and fewer leaflets.
Key Benefits of Umbrella Plant Luseana
Care for this plant and it will care for you!
Schefflera are sturdy plants that last for a long time, and even though they don’t require extra attention, they’ll be with you for a number of years. Looking after the Umbrella plant for so long can help you take better care and be kinder yourself, meaning reaching for nourishment and taking time to decompress after a long day.
Umbrella Plant Luseana Plant Care Tips
- Your Luseana will thrive best in a bright, indirect spot with a maximum of 3 to 4 hours of sunlight each day, especially during the colder months. Avoid long exposure to the sun during the summer as this may scorch the plant’s leaves.
- The ideal temperatures are between 12 and 23 ºC.
- Let the top of the soil dry out before watering. The longer the plant is exposed to light, the more water it will need. Mist the foliage occasionally for extra humidity and hydration.
- During the growing season, feed it with houseplant fertiliser every four waters.
- If you notice any yellowing or dying leaves, remove them to encourage better growth.
- Repotting is only needed once every two years when the roots are extremely pot bound. Hydrate the plant a day in advance to prevent plant transport shock and use a houseplant well-draining potting mix.
The Umbrella Plant Luseana Story
Also commonly known as the dwarf umbrella tree, as it resembles a smaller version of the umbrella tree, Schefflera actinophylla.
Where is it from?
Schefflera aboricilas are native to Taiwan and Hainan.
Who is the Umbrella Plant Luseana?
Scheffleras are part of the Araliaceae family and were first named as a genus in 1775.
With the right care and conditions, it can produce aerial roots that, when reaching the ground, convert into fully functional roots
Good For You!
Calm down: Being around nature, including houseplants, help us feel relaxed and alleviate the body’s response to stress.
Vitality: The colour green triggers an evolutionary response in our brains that make us feel vital and safe,
Is The Umbrella Plant Luseana The Right Plant For Me?
If you are looking for a plant that will last for a very long time without the need for extra care, the Umbrella Plant Luseana is ideal for you!
How tall does it grow? In its native environment, it can reach up to 8-9 metres tall, as a houseplant, it will reach a maximum height of 4 meters but it can take around 10 years to reach maturity.
Toxicity: Schefflera contains calcium oxalate crystals which are extremely poisonous if ingested. Make sure it’s kept away from curious children and nibbly pets.
A reliable, hardy and beautiful plant that will be with you for years to come! Get your Umbrella Plant Luseana now!