Caladium Mint Julep
The biggest Caladiums we've ever had!
We think that the Caladium Mint Julep is the Caladium Fantasy’s extroverted sister.
With more prominent pinks than its sibling, it also features dark pink veins but lighter green borders.
The Caladium Mint Julep will look great indoors and outdoors!
Overall plant height including growing pot: 45-55cm height including growing pot
Growing pot size: Growing pot size 24cm diameter.
Key Benefits — Purifying and Humidifying
Like all other Caladiums, Mint Julep is also a wonderful natural purifier and humidifier!
Plant Care Tips: The Caladium Mint Julep
- Caladiums are tropical plants that thrive in warmer temperatures, ideally above 21ºC.
- Humidity is also important. If your home is on the dry side, placing it on a tray with pebbles and water helps. Mist it often.
- Caladiums love bright lights but partial shade.
- Water it plenty making sure the soil is always moist (but not wet!)
- Feed it during the growing season with a liquid fertiliser
- The plant will go dormant during the winter, you can save its tubers in soil in a dark room and replant them in the Spring!
The Caladium Mint Julep Story
Where are they from?
They are originally from Central and South America, most prominently in Brazil.
Who are the Caladiums?
- In some areas of the world, Caladiums are also called by ‘Heart of Jesus’ due to their shape
- Some types of Caladiums can grow small flowers, but it is a rare occurrence
Is the Caladium Mint Julep the right plant for me?
If you are careful with its tropical needs and provide it with partial shade and plenty of water, it will grow beautifully in your home!
While your Caladium Mint Julep is in the post, it may get a little dehydrated, this will not affect its health. Make sure you water it plenty as soon as you receive it and it will be back to its usual beautiful shape within 24 to 48 hours!
Pets and children: Toxic, please keep away from pets and children. If your skin is prone to irritation, wear gardening gloves when handling it.
How tall does it grow? They grow up to 2 .5 feet tall and wide
*Decorative pots sold separately
A super attractive pink and green friend to enliven any garden. Buy yours now!
If you love Caladiums as much as we do, make sure to check our collection!