Croton 'Petra' is a beautiful variegated plant from the Croton family. Its stunning leaves are oval-shaped with pointed tips and the colours range from deep oranges, dark maroons, bright greens and yellows.
This lovely plant will brighten any corner of your home!
Growing pot size: 27cm
Overall plant height including growing pot: 90-100cm
Toxicity: Keep away from nibbly pets and curious children
Key Benefits of the Croton Petra
Breathe well and add colour to your indoor garden!
As well as most plants, Croton Petra the plant will help purify the air around your home by filtering common toxins. Not only that, this plant is a great way of introducing colour into your space, without worrying too much about colour clashing.
Croton Petra Plant Care Tips
- To keep the foliage bright and colourful, Petra needs at least 4 hours of indirect sunlight per day. Not enough light will cause the loss of leaves variegation. Too much light will scorch its leaves.
- Keep the soil moist but not soggy, give it a good soak once the top inch of soil has dried out and let the water drain out.
- The ideal temperatures are between 16 and 27ºC. Keep it away from cold draughts and avoid anything under 10ºC
- Keep the humidity levels up by misting the plant often or placing it on a pebbles tray. Steamy kitchens and bathrooms can be the perfect location!
- Feed it during the growing season only using a balanced liquid or slow-release fertiliser once every two weeks.
- A sensitive plant, it should only be repotted when extremely necessary, not more than once every two years and during the spring only. Water the plant 24 hours before repotting it. Use the next size pot and a well-draining soil mix.
- Remove any damaged or discoloured leaves and prune it to maintain the desired size.
The Croton Petra Story
Where is it from?
Native to Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Southeast Asia and Southern India. It is also known as Golden Petra.
Who is the Croton Petra?
- Petra is an evergreen perennial plant classified as a broadleaf plant or shrub.
- It is a flowering plant but, compared to its colourful foliage, the flowers are insignificant and it’s recommended that they are trimmed back to enhance the plant’s overall appearance.
How tall does it grow? It can reach up to 1.2 meters tall.
Beautiful foliage to add colour to your home! Get yours today!